Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to everyone out there! It's been a crazy December, but hopefully life will be slowing down and becoming more managable again! We had our last Christmas celebration last night. I'm somewhat glad to have all of the chaos over and done with, but really hope I can keep the spirit of Christmas alive throughout the year!

Any resolution makers out there? I haven't made any official resolutions, but I do have a few goals for this year to make my life more fulfilling! Here are a few:
*I hope to get into my scrapping room at least twice a week and complete at least 2 scrapbook layouts a month!
*I hope to start eating more healthily and exercise more often not only to get healthier, but to set a good example for Zach and get him on the right track.
*I hope to take care of myself better this year. I've done a poor job of that the last few years, putting everyone else first, but I hope to make some time for myself to reflect, relax, and enjoy myself and the things that I really enjoy doing!


One of my favorite pictures from my Christmas celebrations!!! Grandma and I hanging out on Christmas Eve. When most of the family went to church at 4pm to watch my niece sing and my nephew read, I stayed home to get some of the food ready for dinner and help keep track of the kids. (I was going to chuch later that night, anyway.) When Grandma got home I asked her how church was. She said, "I prayed for you!" with a devilish sort of smile! While I know I can use all of the prayers out there, this simple statement just still makes me smile! She comes up with some of the best one liners out there! I can only hope to be as quick and funny as she is when I'm up in my 80's! I only wish I got to visit with her more! Hopefully in the new year!!!

What are your hopes and goals for 2009?

2 comments:

Jamye said...

I'm going to break some of my own rules and have more fun in my personal life and say 'no' more at work!
I definitely think you SHOULD take more time for yourself...showing your family that you're important also sets a good example!

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention how much fun it was to see your elder/cousin/former coworker/former employer. I am really just testing to see if I can leave you a comment since I couldn't in the past and you now promise me it's no big deal....here goes nothing.
Rob